Show Notes for this Episode:
In this episode, I interview Danielle Roberts. Danielle is a Medicare expert and bestselling author of the book, 10 Costly Medicare Mistakes You Can’t Afford to Make.
Danielle is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to Medicare. Medicare is one of the most important benefits we are eligible for in retirement. It covers our primary healthcare from age 65 and beyond. However, Medicare is very complex. There are many ins and outs to understand when it is your time to either sign-up for or change your Medicare benefits plan.
In this episode, you will learn:
- when to sign-up for Medicare (and why you can’t miss this deadline)
- how to enroll in Medicare
- decoding the Medicare alphabet soup
- what are the costs of Medicare insurance (no, it’s not free)
- do you need a Medicare supplement plan?
- the difference between a Medicare Supplement (Medigap) and Medicare Advantage plan
- the most comprehensive Medicare Supplement plan today
- what you need to know about Medicare open enrollment
- how earned income at age 65+ can impact your Medicare premiums
- potential changes to Medicare in the future
More information about Danielle:
- Danielle’s #1 bestselling book 10 Costly Medicare Mistakes
- Danielle is co-founder of Medicare brokerage agency Boomer Benefits
- The Boomer Benefits Facebook Group (where you can ask your questions!)
- Find and connect with Danielle on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
Join the Women Retire Smart™ Community
The Women Retire Smart™ Community is a virtual community and email newsletter for women professionals within 5 to 15 years of retirement who want to retire smart, secure, and happy!